Thomas J. Bonasera, a former member of the firm’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, focuses his practice on estate planning, trust and probate estate administration and litigation.
He advises professional and individual trustees on administration and fiduciary litigation matters, and his clients include executors, administrators and heirs in probate estates, trusts and guardianships.
He counsels clients on a broad range of trust and estate planning, fiduciary litigation matters, obligations and liabilities of trustees and other fiduciaries and trust and estate beneficiary rights. Tom’s practice also includes representing closely held businesses in disputes and serving as a frequent arbitrator in American Arbitration Association cases.
Organizers are eager to leverage Tom’s extensive legal and business knowledge, making him a frequent writer and speaker on trusts/estates, fiduciary litigation, probate administration and probate/fiduciary administration/litigation case law updates.
He also advises on special needs trusts and planning, wrongful death settlements and notice, Ohio Trust Code and provides counsel on closely held business matters and disputes and the selling and buying of law practices.
He also guides attorneys on how to make the most of their practices and on successions planning for lawyers and law firms. Tom is also a trained and experienced arbitrator and mediator who has regularly overseen numerous arbitrations since the late 1970s.
He has regularly served and continues to serve as the chair of three-judge panels and as a sole arbiter. He was a member of the NASD, Panel of Arbitrators, and continues to be a member of the AAA, Panel of Arbitrators.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., 1975)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1970)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Ohio State Bar Association,
- Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Columbus Bar Foundation, fellow
- The Columbus Foundation, Professional Advisory Council
- Columbus Medical Research Foundation, board member
- Heartland Hospice, volunteer
- American Arbitration Association training, Effective Mediation
Rate : $$$