Thomas A. Connop has nearly 40 years of commercial litigation and bankruptcy experience representing public and private companies in a wide range of commercial disputes. He has represented clients in state and federal courts, bankruptcy courts and in arbitration.
Tom has represented clients in a number of industries, including mortgage lending, banking, real estate development and lending, energy, insurance, venture capital, technology services, entertainment, telecommunications, manufacturing, transportation, agriculture, radio broadcasting and food processing.
- Served as national counsel for the nation’s largest mortgage lender in connection with government investigations into bankruptcy servicing.
- Defended bankruptcy class actions on behalf of three of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders.
- Obtained $30 million arbitration award for a transportation services company in a dispute involving fraud in the sale of a business.
- Defense of enterprise solutions software company against breach of contract claims asserted by a county government.
- Defense of financial institutions and other creditors in fraudulent conveyance preference, and claims objection proceedings in bankruptcy claims.
- Investigation and litigation involving a $5 million embezzlement scheme by a client’s former employee.
- Numerous cases involving lender liability, corporate governance, product licensing, and other commercial disputes.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Chair-Elect, Iowa State University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1979
- B.A., with distinction, Iowa State University, 1976
Admissions : Texas
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Rate : $$$