Thomas A. Dougherty is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology, and Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practices. Mr. Dougherty has over 17 years of intellectual property and technology experience with law firms and in-house.
Tom drafts, negotiates, and handles all aspects of IT, SaaS, IP, sponsorship, marketing, cyber security, confidentiality, contracts, licensing, technology, and NDAs for multi-billion dollar companies.
He has experience in all aspects of intellectual property law including patent prosecution and litigation, trademark, trade secret, and copyright law and related licensing. He also has extensive medical device, product clearance, infringement analysis, litigation, M&A, and due diligence experience.
Tom’s experience in-house includes within companies such as Covidien (now Medtronic) and Tomkins plc. Mr. Dougherty is an electrical engineer with technical experience including most aspects of electrical engineering such as software, hardware, telecommunications, signal analysis, devices, microelectronics, optics, data privacy and security, relational databases, and big data.
He has appealed cases to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He also has over 10 years’ experience as an electrical engineer for companies such as Goodyear Tire and Lucent Technologies, where he was in new product introduction (including Bell Labs).
- Creighton University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, BSEE, 1992
- State Bar Admissions, California, Colorado, Oregon
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Community Activities :
- Colorado Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Board member Grant Ranch Master HOA, past President
- Board member Bowles Metropolitan District
Rate : $$$$