Thomas Ian Dupuis represents owners and sponsors, developers, lenders, and other participants in a wide array of renewable energy and real estate transactions. Tom handles matters related to the development, acquisition, sale and financing of commercial real estate and conventional and renewable energy projects, particularly wind, solar and geothermal energy projects.
He works with clients on projects across the United States.Tom uses his wide-ranging experience in commercial real estate and energy development and financing transactions to make sense of complicated projects and issues and to provide succinct, effective guidance to his clients
- Particular experience in wind, solar and geothermal energy projects.
- Member of the global project finance practice.
- Focuses on commercial real estate and conventional and renewable energy projects.
- Counseled Clean Line Energy Partners LLC in its sale of several long-haul, high-voltage transmission line projects in the United States.
- Advised a publicly traded company in connection with several separate acquisitions of land and related leases to utility-scale wind and solar projects valued in excess of $250 million.
- Assisted SunPower Corporation in the development and sale of multiple large, utility-scale photovoltaic solar projects in California, including both phases of the Antelope Valley Solar Project.
- Advised SunPower Corporation in the development, financing and sale of the first two phases of the Boulder Solar photovoltaic solar projects in Clark County, Nevada, including negotiation of, and advice on, various project documents.
- Assisted a subsidiary of a publicly traded company in its issuance of $100 million Sustainable Yield Bonds secured by interests in wind and solar lease revenues and maturing in 19 years. The Class A bonds received an A rating from Kroll Bond Rating Agency, Inc., and the Class B bonds received a BBB rating. This was a novel transaction and created a new asset-backed securities class.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Member, Real Property Law Section, California State Bar.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1994
- B.S., Northwestern University, 1991
Rate : $$$