Thomas E. Boyle is well known for his legal work and professional contributions in the area of healthcare law. In his healthcare practice, Tom has represented hospitals, health systems, home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities and intermediate care facilities for developmentally disabled people in administrative and corporate law issues.
He has represented many clients in merger or affiliation matters, including Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, the University of Pennsylvania Health System, Conemaugh Health System, Montgomery Hospital Medical Center, Kadlec Health System and Aria Health.
Tom is the past chair of the firm’s Healthcare Section, which he led for 15 years. He also served on the firm’s Board of Directors for many years and chaired the firm’s compensation committee. Tom has been quoted in the media on healthcare-related legal matters, and his work has garnered recognition from peers, clients, and legal and healthcare entities.
Tom has lectured and written extensively on a variety of legal issues in the healthcare field. For more than 20 years, he served as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he taught healthcare law and advanced fraud and abuse law.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1977, magna cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S., 1974, summa cum laude, Chemical Engineering
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Hospital Association of Pennsylvania Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law – Adjunct Professor (retired)
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
Rate : $$$