Mr. Thomas Crocker’s practice focuses on regulatory and enforcement aspects of international business. Mr. Crocker has over 35 years’ specialization in sanctions, export controls, foreign direct investment reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), anti-money laundering, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and technology cooperation issues.
He has particular expertise in the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations, the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Mr. Crocker has assisted some of the largest global financial institutions, as well as foreign and domestic companies in the technology, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, chemicals, telecommunications and defense sectors, in policy counseling, regulatory interpretation, compliance, internal investigations and civil/criminal enforcement matters before the Departments of the Treasury, Commerce, State, Homeland Security, Defense and Justice.
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
- Columbia University (J.D., 1974)
- Princeton University (A.B., 1971)
- Representation of global financial institutions in multi-agency sanctions internal investigations and enforcement proceedings involving U.S. Dollar clearing and other activities.
- Representation of Sea Launch LLC in its acquisition by S. P. Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation Energia of Russia (the M&A Advisor “Cross-Border Deal of the Year” for 2010).
- Lead U.S. counsel to Dubai Ports World on acquisition of U.S. port operations and their subsequent sale.
- Representation of a large pharmaceutical company in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigation and enforcement.
Rate : $$$