As a litigator, Thomas Kelly’s practice focuses on assisting healthcare providers and related entities in a variety of healthcare regulatory, compliance, reimbursement and licensure matters. This representation has led him to appear on behalf of clients in administrative, state and federal court.
Additionally, Tom has represented clients in commercial real estate development, land use and rezoning regulation matters. In this capacity, he has appeared before city councils, planning commissions and boards of adjustment on behalf of clients seeking or opposing rezoning, special and conditional use permits, and variances.
As part of his work in commercial real estate development and regulation, Tom regularly represents solar developers in land use permitting of solar farms across the State of North Carolina.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, JD (2011)
- Wake Forest University, BA, Political Science (2006)
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Litigated on behalf of healthcare providers in certificate of need, licensure and provider network enrollment disputes
- Assisted providers in responding to Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurer audits and appeals of recoupment and repayment demands
- Represented substance use treatment providers in regulatory compliance and operational matters
- Represented commercial real estate developers in regulatory land use hearings, including the development of solar farms
Previous Professional Experience:
- Served as Assistant Attorney General with the North Carolina Department of Justice where he represented the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Legal Intern, North Carolina Justice Center (2010)
- Legal Intern, Mecklenburg County District Attorney (2009)
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy of 2016
Rate : $$$