Thomas S. Edwards is the senior partner in Edwards & Ragatz, P.A., is Board Certified in Civil Trial by The Florida Bar since 1991. His achievements as a trial lawyer are extraordinary. Tom and his team have million and multi-million-dollar verdicts in multiple states, including:
- The largest medical malpractice verdict in the United States in 2012 and the second largest personal injury verdict in 2012; multi-million-dollar verdicts in numerous other areas of the law including bank trust fraud, nursing home cases, and trucking cases;
- Selected in multiple years as the top medical malpractice lawyer in his area by Best Lawyers in America;
- Tom handles select appeals and his helped re-write the law more favorably to consumers and victims with appeals that have gone to both the Florida Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court;
Tom is a 1981 graduate of the University of the South – Sewanee and received his Juris Doctorate (law degree) in 1983 from Stetson University College of Law – the oldest law school in the State of Florida. He has been a leader in not only the Bar but the Jacksonville community for many years.
Additional work includes past leadership in the Rotary Club of South Jacksonville, Downtown Ecumenical Services Council, the United Way, and the South Jacksonville Presbyterian Church. As the leader of Edwards & Ragatz, Tom and the team are committed to aggressive and compassionate representation of clients and their families.
Our goal is to achieve justice for each client, even in cases where we are up against multi-billion-dollar corporations. Edwards & Ragatz has repeatedly achieved extraordinary results including landmark verdicts against multi-billion-dollar corporations and insurance companies.
- STETSON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW
- St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctorate, December 1983
- UNIVERSITY OF THE SOUTH
- Sewanee, Tennessee 37375
- B.A. in Economics, May 1981
Supreme Court Appointments:
- Florida Commission on Access to Civil Justice – 2014-present
- Florida Supreme Court Judicial Management Council – 2013-present
- Florida Standard Jury Instruction Committee – Civil – 2006-2012
- The Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section Executive Council – 2009-2017
- The Florida Bar Special Committee on Lawyer Referral Services – 2011-2012
- Master of the Bench, Chester Bedell, American Inns of Court , -Counselor – 2003-2004
Rate : $$$