Thomas Kibbey focuses his practice on all aspects of real estate, as well as commercial lending and economic development including low-income housing tax credits and new markets tax credits.
Tom represents developers, investors, funds and financial institutions in the acquisition, development, financing, sale and disposition of developed and undeveloped real estate. He also represents both lenders and borrowers in senior, mezzanine and subordinated loan transactions.
Tom also represents both direct investors and syndicators in low-income housing tax credit and new market tax credit projects, and community development entities awarded new markets tax credits.
Prior to rejoining Squire Patton Boggs, Tom worked as US Corporate Counsel for Tim Hortons, Inc., a multinational quick serve restaurant chain. At Tim Hortons, Tom represented the company in all US real estate matters, including leasing, acquisition, due diligence, property management and disposition as well as in other general corporate legal work.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of the Columbus Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- The Ohio State University, J.D., summa cum laude, articles editor, Ohio State Law Journal, 2002
- University of South Florida, B.A., summa cum laude, 1999
Rate : $$$