Tom Moran serves as a member of Nelson Mullins’ Executive Committee and is managing partner in the Myrtle Beach office. Mr. Moran is the Firm’s healthcare team leader. His practice focuses on transactions between healthcare entities (with a concentration in tax-exempt hospitals). Most recently, Mr. Moran led a team of lawyers and other professionals in the settlement of Tuomey Hospital’s $237 million-dollar judgment with the Department of Justice as well as Tuomey’s affiliation with Palmetto Hospital. In addition to his primary office, Mr. Moran maintains an office in Charleston.
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation (1988)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1987)
- Clemson University, BA, Political Science, cum laude (1983)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Represents various tax-exempt hospitals as an outside general counsel
- Experience in transactions involving hospitals and other providers of medical services and physicians, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, contracts, and employment agreements
- Experience in tax matters related to tax-exempt organizations
- Experience in negotiating and drafting employment agreements, management agreements, joint ventures, and other transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, and joint ventures of various business interests
Rate : $$$$