Thomas M. Findley is a member of Baker Donelson’s Government Enforcement and Investigations Group and has served as an Assistant United States Attorney. A member of Baker Donelson’s Government Enforcement and Investigations Group, Mr. Findley has more than 20 years of experience in handling white collar criminal cases, including complex cases involving allegations of health care fraud, bank fraud, corporate fraud, public corruption, criminal tax matters and a variety of other white collar matters.
Before he began private practice, Mr. Findley served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Major Crimes Division of the Middle District of Florida. He tried approximately 20 jury trials and handled more than 100 grand jury investigations. Prior to serving as an Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Findley was a law clerk for the Honorable Joseph Hatchett on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1987
- Washington University, B.S., 1981
ADMISSIONS : Florida, 1988
- Represented the chief financial officer of an insurance company in connection with reinsurance claims associated with Hurricanes Jeanne and Frances in a multi-week federal criminal trial.
- Represented city officials in two federal grand jury investigations into alleged corruption involving two municipalities in Florida.
- Defended a government contractor charged under the Florida False Claims Act in a multi-week trial.
- Successfully represented an insurance executive who was acquitted of fraud relating to claims to the Florida CAT Fund during the 2004 hurricane season.
- Represented a piano dealer in a case involving alleged Lacey Act violations.
- Represented a defendant client in a state False Claims Act with a counterclaim by our client. The case settled with the Department of Banking, causing them to pay our client after a week of trial.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – The Florida Bar
- Past President – Federal Bar Association, Tallahassee Chapter
- Past Master Lawyer – William H. Stafford Chapter of the American Inn of Court
- Nothern District of Florida Court Committees
Rate : $$$