Thomas Firestone represents clients in international white collar criminal investigations and compliance matters, including anti-corruption and US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), internal investigations and transactional due diligence. He is a member of the Firm’s Global Compliance & Investigations Steering Committee.
Prior to joining the Firm, Thomas spent 14 years at the US Department of Justice. He worked as an Assistant US Attorney in the Eastern District of New York where he prosecuted transnational organized crime cases. He also worked as Resident Legal Adviser and Acting Chief of the Law Enforcement Section at the US Embassy in Moscow.
In the latter capacity, he facilitated US-Russian law enforcement cooperation, assisted the Russian government in drafting new criminal legislation, advised the US government on policy issues related to criminal justice in Russia and twice won the US State Department Superior Honor Award.
Thomas represents multinational companies and individuals before the US Department of Justice, State Department, and other US and foreign agencies in connection with transnational criminal investigations, extradition proceedings and other sensitive matters in multiple international jurisdictions, including emerging and high risk markets.
He also regularly advises foreign governments on issues relating to anti-corruption and the rule of law, and has represented individuals in Interpol matters.
- Varia Language School, Krakow, Poland (Certificate) (2016)
- Varia Language School, Krakow, Poland (Certificate) (2015)
- Harvard Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1993)
- University of California at Berkeley (M.A. Soviet & East European Politics) (1987)
- Harvard College (B.A. Slavic Languages and Literature magna cum laude) (1986)
- District of Columbia (2018)
- New York (1994)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- U.S.-Kyrgyzstan Business Council – Chairman
- America Uzbekistan Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- Ukrainian Commission to Select Head of Asset Recovery Office – Member
- Council on Foreign Relations – Member
Rate : $$$