Thomas Schendt is a partner in the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group. His practice focuses on qualified plan compliance and matters before U.S. Federal agencies, including the IRS, Department of Labor, PBGC and others. Tom handles audits, civil and criminal investigations, voluntary compliance initiatives, and a variety of other matters before the agencies.
Before joining the firm, Tom was employed by the IRS as technical assistant to the associate chief counsel, Employee Benefits and Exempt Organizations (EBEO) for the Office of Chief Counsel. He currently serves as chair of the IRS Liaison Group for the Mid-Atlantic Region and as chair of the Department of Labor’s National Conference.
Tom is a frequent speaker on the topic of employee benefits. He has spoken to a variety of groups, including SPARK, ASPPA, ALI-ABA, the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, Tax Management Institute, Institute for Applied Management and Law and many others.
- District of Columbia
- Marquette University (J.D., 1985)
- Marquette University (M.B.A., 1981)
- Marquette University (B.S., 1980)
- Chair of ASPPA’s Mid-Atlantic IRS Benefits Conference
- Chairman of the IRS Liaison Group for the Mid-Atlantic Region, a group that provides the IRS with practical business experience in assisting them in developing guidance in the employee benefits area
- Chairman of the advisory board for BNA’s new web-based “ERISA Compliance and Enforcement Library”
- Advisory board for BNA’s Pension and Benefits Reporter
Rate : $$$