Thomas (Tom) Dart focuses on business law, including construction-related matters. He advises large and small companies, including physician groups and other healthcare-related entities, accounting firms and a variety of other businesses in litigation issues. He also represents financial institutions in commercial loan workouts, loan restructurings and lender liability claims.
In addition, Tom handles numerous complex commercial litigation matters, corporate governance issues, employment litigation, construction-related matters and other business disputes, with extensive experience with restrictive covenants.
With 40 years of experience litigating cases and addressing business-related problems, Tom has gained the acumen to help companies and institutions facing a host of issues and conflicts. When he has the luxury of being there for a client before a suit is filed, he evaluates the risks presented and then plots a course of risk management that’s most effective and expedient for the client’s needs.
Drawing on his broad knowledge base, Tom steers clients through the intricate web of issues that arise in complex, multi-party commercial cases as well as multi-million dollar loanrestructures and foreclosure matters.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1977
- University of Florida, B.A., 1973
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Florida Center for Child and Family Development, Former Chairman
- Grievance Committee of the Florida Twelfth Judicial Circuit, Former Chairman
- Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Florida Bar, Past Vice-Chair
- Second District Court of Appeal, Judicial Nominating Commission
- The Argus Foundation, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$