Thomas Ingalls focuses his practice on complex litigation matters and investigations, including white collar criminal defense, civil antitrust litigation, premerger review, and internal investigations. He represents companies and individuals in both criminal and civil matters.
Thomas also maintains an active pro bono practice and has appeared in state and immigration court on behalf of clients seeking asylum. Thomas received his J.D., magna cum laude, from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a Dean’s Fellow, an associate on The George Washington Law Review, and elected to the Order of the Coif.
While at GW Law, Thomas interned for the Honorable Kathryn A. Oberly of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and the Honorable Alfred S. Irving, Jr. of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Thomas received his Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from Macalester College, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Represented an auto carrier in an internal investigation and a case resulting in a reduced fine and the first-ever monitorship in a voluntary criminal antitrust plea.
- Represented an international container shipping line in an internal investigation and responding to a grand jury subpoena.
- Conducted an internal investigation of potential fraud and potential violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act regarding a Fortune 500 company’s overseas operation.
- Successfully represented Arista Networks, Inc. in a high profile antitrust action in which it brought claims against Cisco Systems, Inc. for monopolization of Ethernet switch markets. The claims survived several motions to dismiss, as well as a motion for summary judgment. After these rulings, the case settled on the eve of trial.
- Represented a direct purchaser in an antitrust class action against manufacturers accused of price-fixing automotive bearings, windshield wiper systems, and various other automotive parts.
- Represented Eurofins Scientific SE in its $670 million acquisition of Covance Food Solutions from Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LabCorp).
- Obtained antitrust clearance for a leading provider of post-acute care related to its acquisition of a portfolio of skilled nursing facilities.
- Obtained antitrust clearance for an international bulk shipping carrier in connection with its acquisition of another shipping line.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia; District of Columbia; Minnesota; North Dakota
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — District of Columbia
- National LGBT Bar Association
- LGBT Bar Association of DC
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law
- Executive Board Member, William B. Bryant Inn of Court
Rate : $$$