Thomas Gibney concentrates his practice in the areas of human resources management in the private and public sectors, employment litigation, private and public sector labor negotiations and contract application, workers’ compensation, and federal and state safety regulation litigation. He is a member of Eastman & Smith.
Mr. Gibney is a frequent lecturer on the Affordable Care Act, National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), civil rights legislation and workers’ compensation laws.
His administrative practice includes regularly appearing before the NLRB, OSHA, Industrial Commission of Ohio and various federal, state and local civil rights agencies. Mr. Gibney also regularly counsels employers on ways to prevent such litigation.
- The University of Michigan Law School, 1985
- University of Michigan, 1982
- Ohio, 1985
- U.S. District Courts:
- Northern District of Ohio
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Northern District of Illinois
- Collective Bargaining
- Disability Accommodation & Leaves of Absence
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Employee Benefits
- Grievance & Arbitration Processing
- Litigation & Trials
- Workers’ Compensation
- Workplace Data Privacy, Including HIPAA and GINA
Rate : $$$