Thomas Ivey represents clients in a broad range of corporate and securities law matters. He advises public and private companies in complex transactions, including the issuance of equity and debt, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, exchange offers and restructurings.
Mr. Ivey is a frequent adviser to boards of directors on corporate governance and activist situations. Mr. Ivey regularly represents underwriters, placement agents and financial advisors in technology-related transactions. Mr. Ivey’s transactions include advising:
- the special committee of the SolarCity board of directors in the company’s $2.6 billion sale to Tesla Motors, Inc.;
- The Public Investment Fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in its $3.5 billion investment in Uber Technologies Inc.;
- Lattice Semiconductor Corporation in its $1.3 billion acquisition by Canyon Bridge Capital Partners Inc.; and in its $600 million acquisition of Silicon Image, Inc.;
- Azure Power Global Limited (India) in its initial public offering of equity shares and listing on the New York Stock Exchange and in its concurrent private placement, raising a combined $136 million;
- the joint bookrunning managers in the IPO of American Depositary Shares and listing on Nasdaq of Mesoblast Limited (Australia);
- the joint bookrunning managers in the proposed IPO of American Depositary Shares and listing on Nasdaq of Mesoblast Limited (Australia);
Mr. Ivey regularly counsels public companies, including LendingClub, Netflix, NetApp, ServiceNow, Trimble Navigation Limited, Western Digital and Autodesk, on general corporate matters, which may include reviewing Exchange Act reports, corporate governance issues, activists situations and takeover preparedness.
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, 1992 (University of California at Berkeley)
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1989 (College of Honors)
Admissions : California
Associations : Board Member, BUILD, Inc. (2006-2008)
Rate : $$$