Thomas Meeks has significant experience litigating complex business disputes in state and federal courts. He has handled hundreds of jury and nonjury trials, and other proceedings around the United States. His extensive experience with complicated cases includes complex commercial litigation, contract cases, trade secrets disputes, common law and securities fraud matters, and “bet-the-company” litigation.
Tom is a past chair of the Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Rules and Procedures of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, and a past vice chair of that court’s Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions. He was the 2010 recipient of the Judge Joe Eaton Unsung Hero Award, which is given by the judges of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Senior Editor, University of Florida Law Review
- Member, Justice Campbell Thornal National Moot Court Board
- University of Florida (high honors, 1975)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Former Co-Chair, Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Representative, Federal Court Practice Committee
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Past Chair, Ad Hoc Committee on Rules and Procedures,
- Past Vice Chair, Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review & Attorney Grievance
Rate : $$$