Thomas W. Jenkins has devoted his career to insurance law. In addition to working on a broad range of insurance regulatory matters, Tom has developed a unique focus in the area of insurance company liquidations and rehabilitations.
He has considerable experience with guaranty associations and serves as the general counsel to the Illinois, California and Georgia property and casualty guaranty associations and has represented numerous other guaranty associations on special projects.
Tom serves on various insolvency coordinating committees organized by the National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds including serving as Chair of the Reliance Coordinating Committee.
Tom leads our Firm’s representation of the National Workers Compensation Reinsurance Pool, which presents a broad range of insurance issues, including residual markets, reinsurance, antitrust, commutations, regulatory issues and overseeing litigation.
Tom has also represented a number of insurance clients on a broad range of regulatory issues, licensing, company formation, compliance and Board responsibilities.
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Former Member, Locke Lord Executive Committee
- Vice-Chair, Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, International Association of Insurance Receivers
- J.D., cum laude, Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1977
- B.A., Western Illinois University, 1972
- California, 1988
- Illinois, 1977
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1979
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 1988
Rate : $$$$