As a leader of Holland & Hart’s national infrastructure development team, Thomas Jensen provides highly strategic regulatory counsel and litigation support to leaders throughout the corporate, government, and nonprofit sectors.
Tom served as majority counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources and the White House Council on Environmental Quality’s associate director for natural resources. He offers unique experience in framing, negotiating, and helping to implement solutions to controversial legal and policy matters.
He specializes in representation of infrastructure development projects involving public lands and marine areas, environmental reviews, protected natural and cultural resources, and multiple agency jurisdiction.
Tom regularly represents developers of energy generation, electric transmission, and pipeline projects across the country. He served as national counsel to leading conservation banking investors from the real estate and energy development sectors and led development and permitting for cutting-edge marine wind and hydrokinetic renewable energy projects and technologies.
Tom has published numerous articles on federal infrastructure siting and impact mitigation policy. He serves on the Executive Committee of the Klamath River Renewal Corporation, Alumni Board of Lewis & Clark Law School, and as president of a public elementary school PTA in Arlington, Virginia. He has three sons and is married to energy attorney Sarah L. Jensen.
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark College , J.D., 1983
- University of Southern California , B.A., 1980
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Experience: Regularly called upon to assist with matters involving:
- Public lands
- Protected species
- Water law (western and eastern systems) and water resource development
- Laws related to marine and aquatic resources
- National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
- Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA)
- National Park System Organic Act
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Klamath River Renewal Corporation, Director
- Arlington County Board, Economic Development Commission, Member
- Oregon Bar Association, Member
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association, Member
- Energy Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$