Thomas P. Krebs is a partner and litigation attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice focuses primarily on complex securities and commodities litigation. Mr. Krebs has represented public companies, officers and directors in federal securities fraud class actions and shareholder derivative lawsuits.
He also has represented a diverse group of banks, underwriters, broker-dealers, clearing firms and futures commission merchants in disputes before various self-regulatory organizations and state and federal courts.
As a result of this national practice, Mr. Krebs has been admitted pro hac vice in many state and federal courts throughout the country. He is a member of the firm’s Securities Enforcement & Litigation Practice.
Representative Experience :
- Representing numerous futures commission merchants in commodities-related claims brought by the Trustee of Sentinel Management Group, Inc.
- Representing a prominent broker-dealer in a lawsuit alleging that its predecessor engaged in the practice of “yield burning” in connection with numerous municipal bond advance funding transactions.
- Obtained the dismissal of a securities fraud putative class action brought against the founder and former CEO of a prominent office supply company.
- Obtained the dismissal of a securities fraud putative class action brought against an energy company and all of its officers and directors.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a prominent broker-dealer in a securities fraud action that it brought against numerous brokers and related parties.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a Chicago clearing firm in a securities fraud action that it brought relating to the MJK Clearing stock loan scandal.
- Acted as a securities litigation consultant for a state retirement and pension system.
Mr. Krebs received his law degree from the Ohio State University School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1995) and received his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Notre Dame (B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1990).
Mr. Krebs is a member of the Chicago, Illinois, and American Bar Associations.
Rate : $$$