Thomas Alan Lisk focuses his practice on regulatory matters before agencies, boards, and commissions of the commonwealth of Virginia, including the State Corporation Commission. Tom is a registered lobbyist in Virginia, providing legislative representation of business interests and trade associations before the Virginia General Assembly since 1980.
Tom also serves as legal and legislative counsel to the Virginia Restaurant, Lodging & Travel Association, representing the Commonwealth’s restaurant and lodging industries. Tom was appointed by the Virginia Code Commission to chair the Virginia Administrative Law Advisory Committee.
Tom represents clients in matters relating to beverage alcohol regulation, antitrust, election law, franchise, gaming and lottery, health care, insurance, Internet regulation, professional and occupational regulation, and issues related to privatization of governmental services.
He also represents a wide range of restaurants, hotels, amusements, and entertainment establishments, as well as breweries, wineries, distilleries, and wine and beer wholesalers and importers on legal, regulatory, and legislative matters.
Tom regularly counsels hotel owners and management companies, lenders, developers, and real estate investment funds in relation to management agreements, licensing and permitting issues, and operational issues.
Tom earned his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Washington & Lee University and he earned his law degree from Washington & Lee University School of Law.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., cum laude, 1980
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia; Virginia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia Bar, Administrative Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Administrative Law Council, Board Member
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice Section, Committee on Beverage Alcohol Practice, Business Law Section, Government Affairs Practice Committee
- National Association of Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Attorneys (NAABLA)
- Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys and Consultants (AAIAC)
- State Law Resources, Inc., Founding Director and Past National Chair (State Law Resources, Inc. is national network of independent law firms selected for their experience in administrative, regulatory, and government relations at the state level)
- Monument Avenue Preservation Society
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond, Advisory Board Member
- Richmond Jaycees Foundation, Board Member
- City of Richmond, Mayor’s Tourism Commission, Member
Rate : $$$