Pillsbury Employment partner Thomas T. Liu has more than 25 years of experience in cross-border labor and employment litigation and counseling for U.S. and global clients. Tom regularly advises on wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment claims; wage and hour actions; employment contracts; employee handbooks; disciplinary policies; and consulting and severance agreements.
He also litigates in federal and state courts; appears before the EEOC, California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Employment Development Department and federal and California labor departments; and advances his clients’ positions in various arbitration tribunals. Tom’s clients include transportation, hospitality, food, manufacturing, employment and marketing companies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented an Asian carrier in an antitrust investigation by the Department of Justice and in related class action lawsuits.
- Advised a client in establishing a flight academy in Northern California.
- Defended an employer in a wage and hour and discrimination class action.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Stanford University, 1980
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$