Thomas F. Loose is a partner practicing in the appellate and commercial litigation areas. He has substantial experience in appeals to the Texas Supreme Court, the federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and various intermediate courts of appeal in Texas.
- Represented an oil and gas trust company in a precedent-setting case regarding the proper calculation of postjudgment interest. The Texas Supreme Court rendered judgment for the client.
- Represented an oil and gas trust company in reversing a significant breach of contract judgment establishing precedent regarding the proper application of the statute of frauds.
- Represented a mortgage servicing company regarding the proper interpretation of a standard, Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac form security instrument concerning the recovery of attorneys’ fees following borrower’s default. Judgment was entered in favor of the client mortgage servicer.
- Represented clients in intermediate courts of appeals successfully challenging the exercise of personal jurisdiction over out-of-state client and sustaining jurisdiction over out-of-state defendant.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Rice University, 1985
Admissions : Texas; U.S. Supreme Court
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Rate : $$$