A partner in Pillsbury’s Litigation practice, Thomas V. Loran’s trial and appellate practice focuses on real estate, securities, and all aspects of commercial and consumer litigation. Tom’s real estate experience includes litigation related to title insurance, real estate development, and lease disputes.
His securities litigation and enforcement experience runs the gamut from prosecution and defense of investor fraud claims to representation of minority shareholders fighting freeze-out tactics.
Tom’s commercial litigation experience for international and domestic clients includes partnership disputes, internal investigations, administrative proceedings, enforcement of rights, and cases under the UCC, the Unruh Act, and Federal and state FDCPA.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Handles commercial litigation in the areas of real estate, contracts, corporate governance and control, corporate securities, antitrust, insurance, negotiable instruments, state taxation, and theft of trade secrets.
- Represented Safeway in an antitrust matter where plaintiff alleged client’s fuel promotions violated California’s Unfair Practices Act (UPA) and California’s Unfair Competition Law (UCL). Secured non-jury trial victory for our client.
- Since 1997, has overseen the firm’s Pro Bono efforts and has an active pro bono practice focusing on eviction defense, political asylum and civil rights claims.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1980
- M.A., University of Illinois, 1977
- A.B., Brown University, 1975
ADMISSIONS : California, Illinois
COURTS : California State and Federal Courts
Rate : $$$$