Thomas Hancock practices in the areas of complex litigation and class actions. He has first chaired class actions based on breach of privacy and consumer credit allegations. His practice is focused on chemical exposure, class actions, data security, privacy, and professional liability litigation.
He has substantial experience regarding catastrophic environmental and workplace accidents, complex litigation, and a variety of other business litigation on behalf of clients from diverse industries.
Mr. Hancock has regularly practiced before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, the United States Department of Labor, and all state and federal courts in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky. He is licensed in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, where he handles appellate and administrative work only.
- West Virginia University College of Law, JD (2007)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA, Bachelor of Arts in Peace, War, and Defense; Minor in History (2003)
- West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Defended hundreds of administrative trials before the United States Department of Labor Office of Administrative Law Judges
- Defended numerous civil actions on behalf of businesses in state and federal court, including jury trials and appeals to the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Defended one of the largest chemical exposure class action cases in West Virginia history
- Defended clients before West Virginia Mass Litigation Panel and Federal Multi-District Litigation Panel
- Drafted and filed Amicus Briefs before Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia on behalf of major employers and workers’ compensation insurers
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Kanawha County Bar Association
Rate : $$$