Thomas Y. Mandler represents employers on a nationwide basis in the full spectrum of issues dealing with their employees, whether or not they are employed at-will, pursuant to an employment agreement, or represented by a union.
A substantial portion of his practice is devoted to advising employers on how to maintain union-free status, including conducting supervisory training, union vulnerability audits, election campaigns, and defending unfair labor practice charges.
For employers whose employees are represented by a union, Tom has negotiated more than 300 collective bargaining agreements nationwide, some of which have involved Federal Mediators, strikes, picketing and injunctions.
He has also handled countless grievance and arbitration proceedings, as well as having represented employers in court and before all federal and many state and local governmental agencies enforcing labor, equal employment opportunity, wage and hour, affirmative action, and occupational safety and health laws.
Tom attempts to prevent or minimize costly legal problems by devoting a substantial part of his practice to supervisory training, client counseling, and workplace claims prevention. He also serves as outside general counsel for several clients, in matters involving business disputes, and drafting contracts such as distribution and supply agreements.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, Law Forum, Associate Editor
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, History and Political Science, Iron Cross Honor Society
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois – Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association, Section on Labor Relations, Member, 1975-Present’Township High School District No. 113 Board of Education, President of the Board (1996-1997) and (2000-2003); Member (1991-2003)
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Member; Chairman (1993-1994), Executive Committee Member (1988-1995), Board of Directors Member (1982-1995)
Rate : $$$$