Thomas M. Metzger is a nationally recognized employment law advisor, litigator, and trainer. With a career spanning over 25 years, he has developed expertise representing employers and executives in connection with covenants-not-to-compete, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) regulatory and litigation matters, discrimination and retaliation claims, contract disputes, and related workplace matters.
Tom represents employers and executives throughout the United States in a wide variety of industries, ranging from Fortune 50 companies to start-up ventures. He also advises some of the nation’s leading CEOs, financial advisors, and entrepreneurs in connection with litigation, contract negotiations, and other employment matters. He is recognized by his peers as one of the country’s leading employment law advisors and litigators.
When matters cannot reach an early resolution, Tom has consistently and successfully tried cases to final verdict including over 25 trial victories before state and federal courts and administrative agencies throughout the country. Emphasizing an aggressive and efficient approach to litigation, he serves as lead counsel in complex and high-stakes matters, with particular emphasis on:
- Covenant-not-to-compete and trade secret litigation, including temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, electronic data forensic investigations, and related emergency litigation throughout the United States
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) consultation and litigation, including broad experience representing broker-dealers and financial advisor
- Employment discrimination and retaliation claims
- Contract disputes
Tom is a frequent speaker, author, and trainer on employment law and litigation topics. He has contributed to numerous articles and news programs and has been interviewed by television networks ABC, CBS, and NBC; radio programs; and Business Week, the Columbus Dispatch, Business First, Columbus CEO, and the Daily Reporter, among others.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1992
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio Supreme Court
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Labor and Employment Law Section, Ohio Bar Association
- Former Editor-In-Chief, Labor and Employment Law Newsletter, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Columbus Bar Association
Rate : $$$