Thomas Kolb, shareholder in the Birmingham office, concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Kolb represents private and public companies, including a publicly held real estate investment trust, in connection with the tax, regulatory and other aspects of such transactions.
Mr. Kolb also practices extensively in the area of individual and business taxation, including choice of entity analysis, tax-free reorganization planning, partnership and subchapter S taxation, as well as exempt organization taxation. Mr. Kolb’s practice also includes the areas of general corporate and business law as well as health care law.
- University of Florida, LL.M. in Taxation, 1987
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1986
- University of Dallas, M.A., 1984
- University of Dallas, B.A., 1982, magna cum laude
- Alabama, 1988
- U.S. Tax Court
- Represented real estate investment trust in $253 million private equity offering and $126 million initial public offering.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in connection with numerous sale/leaseback and mortgage transactions related to hospital and medical office buildings throughout the United States, with an aggregate value of more than $4 billion.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in connection with numerous development transactions related to hospital and medical office buildings throughout the United States.
- Represented a publicly-traded real estate investment trust in obtaining $100 million credit facility from numerous participant lenders.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Alabama State Bar (Business, Tax and Health Care Sections)
- Member – Birmingham Bar Association
- Recipient – 16th Annual M&A Advisor Award (2017)
- Member and Committee Member – National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
Rate : $$$$