Tom Barletta concentrates on government procurement law and policy matters. He advises clients on cost allowability and cost accounting, contract pricing, and contract financing issues.
Tom also represents clients on GSA multiple award schedule contract matters, acquisitions, including due diligence and novations, teaming agreements, government contract intellectual property issues, including technical data and patent rights, facility security clearance issues, and other government contract regulatory and contract compliance issues. In addition, he advises clients on pre-protest issues, preparation of REAs and assessments of potential claims.
Tom has substantial experience in government contract related litigation, ADR, and other proceedings, including bid protests, claims, internal investigations, government audits and investigations, suspensions and debarments, and civil False Claims Act and qui tam actions and prime contractor/subcontractor disputes.
In addition, Tom has represented public utilities in connection with privatization and energy savings contracting matters, and on government procurement of healthcare related services. More recently, he advised clients on issues arising under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, including its “Buy American” requirement.
Tom writes and speaks on various topics related to the government procurement area, including
- Price Reduction clause, contract scope and Trade Agreements Act issues under GSA MAS contracts;
- intellectual property rights under government contracts; access to records;
- competition, source selection and bid protests;
- False Claims Act litigation;
- the cost principles and CAS;
- contract debt collection; and the attorney-client privilege.
He authored the “Regulatory Report” in the Costs, Pricing & Accounting Report published by Federal Publications from 1988-1998.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, Editor, California Law Review; Order of the Coif
- M.P.P., University of California, Berkeley
- A.B., Georgetown University, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$