Thomas Kemp’s principal practice focus is civil and commercial litigation. He has experience handling all aspects of civil litigation, including drafting pleadings and motions, managing written discovery, taking and defending depositions, trial preparation and appeals.
He has represented companies and individuals in all types of commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration. Additionally, Mr. Kemp handles general litigation for corporate clients involving collections, loans, mortgages and defaults and serves as special counsel to the Ohio Attorney General involving collection matters.
Mr. Kemp has practiced law in Findlay since 1978, when he was admitted to practice law in Ohio. He is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. Mr. Kemp is a member of Eastman & Smith and is located in the Findlay, Ohio, office.
In 1975 Mr. Kemp earned his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame. Mr. Kemp obtained his juris doctor degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1978. He is an active community volunteer and has served or is serving on several charitable boards in the Findlay/Hancock County area.
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., 1978
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. cum laude, 1975
ADMISSIONS : Ohio 1978
- Findlay/Hancock County Bar Association (vice president, 2006; president, 2007)
- Northwestern Ohio Bar Association (secretary-treasurer, 1989-1990; vice president, 1990-1991; and president, 1991-1992)
- Ohio State Bar Association (member, Council of Delegates, 2004-2006; 2016-2018)
- Special Counsel to Attorney General, Ohio (1983-1995; 2007-present)
- Hancock County Board of Elections, 1983-1993 (chair, 1988-1990)
- City of Findlay Civil Service Commission, 2004-present (chair, 2005-2006; 2015)
Rate : $$$