Mr. Thomas J. Piskorski is a partner where his practice concentrates on the representation of management in all labor, employment and employee benefits matters, including collective bargaining, labor contract administration, arbitrations, Labor Management Relations Act, OSHA, Railway Labor Act, state and federal court litigation, administrative law, Fair Labor Standards Act, civil rights and employment discrimination litigation under federal, state and local laws, ERISA and employee benefits, Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act, WARN, Executive Order 11246 and OFCCP proceedings, Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, and general counseling.
From 1985 through 1988, Mr. Piskorski served as an instructor in the College of Law at Loyola University of Chicago. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for Labor & Employment in Illinois in Chambers & Partners USA Leading Business Lawyers (2003-2009) and in Who’s Who Legal USA – Management Labour & Employment (2006 Edition).
During law school and following graduation, he served as Law Clerk to Honorable Robert A. Grant, Senior District Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, South Bend Division.
In addition to the regular District Court duties, he accompanied Judge Grant when he served as special visiting judge to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Temporary Emergency Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School (1981)
- Associate Editor; Law Review
- M.B.A., University of Notre Dame (1981)
- College of Business Administration with High Honors
- B.S., Marquette University (1977)
- magna cum laude
- American Bar Association (Section of Labor and Employment Law, Litigation Committee on Employment and Labor Relations Law, Litigation Subcommittee of the Committee on Employee Rights and Responsibilities)
- Chicago Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Committee and Federal Civil Procedure Committee)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section Council)
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Bar Association
Rate : $$$