Tom Frantz draws on his tax background and maintains a robust corporate legal practice as a partner representing multi-national corporations, handling major mergers and acquisitions, and advising corporations on a variety of legal matters. In addition, he is actively engaged in regional and statewide issues across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
He currently serves as Williams Mullen’s Chairman Emeritus of the Board, and he previously served as president and chief executive officer of the firm from 2010 to 2015. Before joining the firm, Tom was an original principal with Clark & Stant, which merged with Williams Mullen in 1999.
He became general counsel to Tidewater Health Care, Inc., the parent company of Virginia Beach General Hospital, in 1989. He currently serves as outside corporate counsel to Armada Hoffler Properties, Inc., an NYSE REIT. He is admitted before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Supreme Court, the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and all Virginia courts.
Tom is a member of the American College of Tax Counsel, the American College of Trust and Estates Counsel, the Virginia Bar Association’s Taxation Section, the American Association of Attorney-CPAs, the Virginia Society of CPAs and the American Academy of Hospital Attorneys.
He is also a member of the Corporate, Banking and Business Law, Taxation and Health Care Sections of the American Bar Association. He is a past president of the Hampton Roads Tax Forum and is a director of the William & Mary Annual Tax Conference.
- American Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- American Association of Attorney CPAs
- American Bar Association – Banking, Corporate, Business Law, Health Care and Taxation Sections
- American College of Tax Counsel
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel
- Hampton Roads Tax Forum – Past President
- Virginia Society of CPAs
- Virginia Venture Capital Forum – Executive Committee
- William & Mary Tax Conference – Director
- College of William & Mary School of Law (LL.M.)
- College of William & Mary School of Law (J.D.)
- College of William & Mary (B.B.A.)
Rate : $$$$