Thomas M. Regan is the managing partner of the San Diego Office. Tom has successfully litigated a wide array of civil cases in the areas of catastrophic property claims from floods and wildfires, inverse condemnation, energy/utilities, mining, products liability, construction claims, and public entity liability.
Tom’s litigation experiences include multi-party mediation, arbitrations, and trials on half of insurance companies, self-insureds, and individuals. Tom practices in state and federal courts in Utah and California.
Tom has authored numerous articles on subrogation and presented seminars to many insurance companies and organizations throughout the United States including Property & Liability Resource Bureau (PLRB) Claims Conference, National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), and the Wildland Fire Litigation Conference.
In addition to his current management responsibilities, Tom previously served as the western region subrogation department chair, where he oversaw lawyers handling matters in California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.
Tom has worked on a number of pro bono matters for San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program-Guardianship Clinic and Teen Court. Tom also volunteers his time at the Ronald McDonald House and Catholic Charities.
Tom earned his Bachelor of Arts at the University of California at San Diego in 1979 and his law degree at the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific in 1983. Tom enjoys surfing, backpacking, hiking, and now snowboarding in his free time. Tom is a native San Diegan.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Univ. of California–San Diego, B.A., 1979
BAR ADMISSIONS : California; Utah
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- California Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
Rate : $$$