Thomas Ryan is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago. Thomas advises clients on transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, post-acquisition integrations and other strategic transactions.
- Emory University (J.D. with Honors) (2014)
- University of Dallas (Bachelor of Arts honors, magna cum laude) (2009)
- Illinois~United States (2015)
- Georgia~United States (2014)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised a consortium led by CVC Capital Partners, one of the world’s largest private equity fund managers, on its acquisition of Anchor Glass Container Corporation, a glass bottle packaging company, for USD 1.1 billion.
- Advised Johnson Controls on the spinoff of its automotive experience business into a new publicly traded company, Adient.
- Advised Baxter International on the spinoff of its biopharmaceuticals business into a new publicly traded company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advised Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, an NYSE-listed financial services firm, in a cash merger valued at USD 5 billion.
Rate : $$$