Thomas W. Taylor is co-head of the firm’s Litigation Team. His civil litigation practice emphasizes defense of mass multi-party litigation. He has extensive civil jury trial experience in state and federal court, with in excess of thirty jury verdicts, and a much greater number of cases that settled during trial.
His specific experience includes defending mass tort cases, commercial litigation, commercial arbitrations and personal injury cases. Tom has significant experience in multi-district litigation on both the state and Federal level.
He represents defendants in Federal MDLs 875, 2179 and 2185. He also represents defendants in the Texas Asbestos MDL and the Texas Silica MDL.
Tom also has a substantial civil appellate litigation practice. He has presented oral arguments before the Texas Supreme Court, the Courts of Appeals for the First, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth, Thirteenth and Fourteenth Districts of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Regional counsel for major oil company in toxic tort, chemical exposure, and personal injury litigation.
- National coordinating counsel for affiliate of major oil company in asbestos litigation.
- Local Texas counsel for defendant in personal injury, property damage and economic loss cases arising out of deepwater drilling rig failure, subsequent fire and explosion, and resulting oil spill.
- Local counsel for defendant in Federal MDL created to handle securities class actions, shareholder derivative suits, and ERISA cases allegedly arising out of deepwater drilling rig failure, fire, explosion and oil spill.
- Trial counsel for major civilian and military aircraft manufacturer in Texas Open Records Act case.
- Trial counsel for major oil company in employee wrongful death action alleging toxic exposure.
- Co-trial counsel for subsidiary of major manufacturer of commercial aircraft in arbitration brought by former joint venture affiliate.
- JD, The University of Texas School of Law, Order of Barristers, Board of Advocates, Winner and Best Oral Advocate, Hildebrand Moot Court Competition, 1982
- BA, Texas Christian University, magna cum laude, Dave C. Reed Scholarship for Academic Achievement, Dean’s List, Pi Sigma Alpha, House of Student Representatives, Intercollegiate Debate Team, 1979
- England and Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer)
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$