Thomas Teschner is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practice. Mr. Teschner’s practice is focused on complex business and environmental litigation, as well as the defense of malpractice claims filed against CPA firms, accountants, tax attorneys and real estate professionals which often arise in connection with audits, tax return preparation, tax planning and real estate transactions.
Mr. Teschner also advises clients on all aspects of tax law and represents individual and corporate taxpayers at administrative and judicial proceedings initiated by the CA Franchise Tax Board and IRS.
Mr. Teschner was admitted to the California State Bar in 2002 and has extensive experience in the defense of multi-party and multi-million dollar claims deemed “complex” filed against Fortune 500 companies stemming from a variety of environmental allegations, including historical soil and groundwater contamination.
He has experience in defending claims involving alleged releases of VOCs, metals, petroleum based products, nitrates, and emerging contaminants in California such as perchlorate and 1,4-dioxane. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois in January 2006, Mr. Teschner’s practice focused on estate & gift tax controversy, tax planning, and real estate acquisitions.
He has a decade worth of experience drafting and reviewing business contracts, purchase and sale agreements, and comprehensive estate plans involving complex wills and trusts. He also remains active in the San Diego real estate community and has been a licensed real estate broker and member of the National Association of Realtors since 2004.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- University of San Diego School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation, 2004
- San Diego State University, Master of Science, Accountancy, 2003
- University of San Diego, Master of Business Administration, 1999
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- State Appellate Courts, California Courts of Appeal
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$