Thomas Davison is a partner on Alston & Bird’s Intellectual Property Litigation Team. He concentrates his practice on the litigation of complex patent disputes at the International Trade Commission and in district courts.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Tom worked in the search room at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent agent dedicated to conducting clearance, infringement, patentability, and validity prior art searches. His prior art searching practice focused on the business method, electrical, medical, mechanical, and telecommunications arts.
Tom received his J.D., cum laude, in 2008 from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he served on the editorial board of the Journal of Technology Law & Policy. While in law school, he pursued postgraduate studies in industrial and systems engineering. In 2003, he received his B.S. in systems engineering from the University of Virginia.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Florida (J.D., 2008)
- University of Virginia (B.S., 2003)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
U.S. International Trade Commission Section 337 Investigations
- Counsel for respondent Shandong Yongtai Chemical Group Co. Ltd. Certain Tires and Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-894.
- Counsel for respondents AmTran Logistics Inc. and AmTran Technology Co. Ltd. Certain Consumer Electronics with Display and Processing Capabilities, Inv. No. 337-TA-884.
- Counsel for complainant Merck & Cie in an investigation involving medical foods. Certain Reduced Folate Nutraceutical Products and L-Methylfolate Raw Ingredients Used Therein, Inv. No. 337-TA-857.
- Counsel for complainant Nokia Inc. against HTC involving mobile phone hardware and software. Certain Electronic Devices, Including Mobile Phones and Tablet Computers, and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-847.
Appellate and District Court Litigation
- Counsel for defendant Nokia Solutions and Networks US LLC. Implicit LLC v. Nokia Solutions and Networks US LLC, No. 6:16-cv-00079 (E.D. Tex).
- Counsel for plaintiff Nokia Solutions and Networks. Nokia Solutions and Networks US LLC, et al. v. Huawei Techs. Co. Ltd., et al., Nos. 2:16-cv-00753, -754, -755, -756 (E.D. Tex).
- Counsel for appellees Panasonic Corp., Victor Company of Japan Ltd., Panasonic Corp. of North America, and JVC Co. of America. In re Papst Licensing Digital Camera Patent Litigation (Papst Licensing v. FujiFilm Corp., et al.), No. 14-1110 (Fed. Cir.).
- Counsel for defendants AOL, MySpace, Amazon.com, CME Group, and PayPal. Bedrock Computer Technologies LLC v. Softlayer Technologies Inc., et al., No. 6:09-cv-00269 (E.D. Tex.).
Rate : $$$$