Thomas Greenberg is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions (negotiated and hostile), private equity investments, securities transactions and other corporate matters.
Mr. Greenberg represents public and private buyers, sellers and target companies, private equity firms and investment banks in a variety of U.S. and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, investments, joint ventures, restructurings and financings.
He also counsels companies on shareholder activism, securities law compliance and corporate governance matters. Mr. Greenberg has represented clients across a wide variety of industries. Selected representations include the following:
- Danaher Corporation in the separation and spin-off of Fortive Corporation; a $2.6 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its communications business with NetScout Systems, Inc.; and in its prior acquisitions of Devicor Medical Products, Nobel Biocare, Keithley Instruments Group, Inc. and Implant Direct;
- Frontier Communications Corp. in its $10.54 billion acquisition of the wireline operations from Verizon Communications Corp. and its $2 billion acquisition of the Connecticut wireline business of AT&T Inc.;
- Becton, Dickinson & Co. in its $24 billion acquisition of C.R. Bard, Inc. and in its $12.2 billion acquisition of CareFusion Corp.;
- The Coca-Cola Company in its 16.7 percent investment in and strategic partnership with Monster Beverage Corporation; and its 16 percent investment in and strategic partnership with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.;
- Burger King Holdings, Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition by 3G Capital Partners. This transaction was recognized in the 2011 Financial Times “US Innovative Lawyers” report;
- Aztar Corporation in its initial merger agreement with Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. and the bidding war culminating in its $2.78 billion acquisition by Columbia Entertainment;
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition by Kingdom Hotels International and Colony Capital, LLC;
Mr. Greenberg was named one of Law360’s MVPs of 2011 in the mergers and acquisitions category, which recognizes those who have raised the bar in corporate law throughout the year.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1994 (cum laude; Articles Editor, New York University Law Review)
- B.A., Cornell University, 1991
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$