Thomas G. Wallrich concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial transactions, banking, bankruptcy, real estate finance, and development and commercial litigation. In the past 20 years, Tom has also developed a substantial practice in international trade in the regions of China, Mexico, and Canada
Tom’s bankruptcy practice includes representing debtors, creditors, and committees in complex reorganization proceedings and workouts, as well as debt and equity restructurings. His banking practice is focused primarily on representation of community banks and regional banks in transaction documentation, participation agreements, regulatory matters, and debt restructuring transactions and litigation.
Tom is also experienced in commercial transactions, including purchases and sales of businesses and significant import-export experience particularly in the Pacific Rim and Canada. His commercial dispute resolution experience includes significant litigation, non-litigation, and administrative representations before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the United States Trade Representative (USTR).
Tom’s real estate practice involves representation of commercial landlords in lease creation, lease disputes, property recovery, and bankruptcy matters. He also represents many commercial and residential developers in land use issues, governmental approval matters, subdivision of land, tax increment financing, sales, financing, and debt treatment and restructuring matters.
Tom is active in the Twins Cities community; he is a clinical instructor at the University of St. Thomas Law School, he serves his alma mater on the University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts Internship Board, and is also active in fundraising at Benilde/St. Margaret’s Academy.
- Assisted a client in developing and implementing a duty drawback program by which the company can reclaim from the U.S. government duties it pays on components imported from China that are included in finished products exported to other countries.
- Represented several large U.S. importers and manufacturers in NAFTA, CAFTA, and Singapore Free Trade Agreement and U.S. CBP audit and regulatory matters.
- Represented U.S.-based importers and distributors in exclusive distribution contracts with China manufacturers, and import/export matters in Mexico and Canada.
- Represented U.S.-based importers and distributors in exclusive distribution contracts with China and India based manufacturers.
- Represented U.S.-based tire and automobile parts importers and distributors in development of private label (private brand) products.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Minnesota at Minneapolis, B.A., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$