Thomas S. Ward is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group and serves as chair of WilmerHale’s International Transactions Group. His practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, with an emphasis on public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital work and international transactions.
Mr. Ward has extensive experience as both purchaser’s and seller’s counsel in mergers and acquisitions transactions. His mergers and acquisitions representations include :
- Alantos Pharmaceuticals Holding in its acquisition by Amgen
- Bacardi Limited in its acquisition of Angel’s Share Brands and its Angel’s Envy bourbon brand
- Empirix Inc. in its acquisition by Thoma Bravo
- MicroStrategy Incorporated in the sale of its Angel.com subsidiary to Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories
- Valence Media in its formation through the combination of House of Cards producer Media Rights Capital, dick clark productions and Billboard Hollywood Reporter Media Group
Mr. Ward has represented both issuers and underwriters in numerous public and private offerings, and has participated in offerings by both domestic and foreign issuers. His capital markets representations have included :
- Akamai Technologies in issuances of an aggregate of $400 million of convertible senior notes and common stock
- Bacardi Limited in its equity investment in Leblon Holdings
- Franklin Street Properties in issuances of an aggregate of more than $325 million of common stock
- VistaPrint in its $138 million initial public offering
Mr. Ward serves as outside counsel for a number of companies in the software, information technology, e-commerce, semiconductor, robotics and media sectors, including :
- BE Semiconductor Industries N.V.
- MicroStrategy Incorporated
- RightHand Robotics, Inc.
Mr. Ward also has represented the National Football League and the National Hockey League in a variety of matters, including the NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice broadcasting packages. Mr. Ward serves as clerk (secretary) of City Year, Inc.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1988
- AB, Princeton University, 1985
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$