Thomas D. Washburne focuses on technology providers in the defense and intelligence community, banks and financial institutions, and biotechnology and software companies. With broad legal and management experience, Tuck assists his clients in developing integrated business and legal strategies.
He advises on mergers and acquisitions, and public and private equity and debt offerings, and counsels public companies on such issues as disclosure, executive compensation plans, takeover defenses, and shareholder relations.
His transactional experience, extensive contacts in the financing community, and six years of business experience in senior management of a Fortune 500 company give him a practical perspective on client goals.
Before his return to Venable, Tuck served as the head of the International Business Group for York International Corporation, a billion-dollar division with operations in more than 100 countries. He also served as York’s general counsel.
Tuck’s international experience was honed during the negotiation of acquisitions and joint ventures throughout Asia, the Middle East, and Europe.
- Represented Redwood Capital Investments, LLC in its 2018 investment in Hudson Automotive Group, a family-owned, multi-brand dealership group in the southeastern United States
- Represented Phillips Corporation in its 2018 sale of Haeger Incorporated, a manufacturer and distributor of insertion press machine tools used in the industrial hardware fastener industry, to PennEngineeering
- Represented Intersections, Inc., in its separate 2017 sales of the assets of its Habits at Work business to Bratlab,LLC and its subsidiary, i4C Innovations, LLC to One Health Group, LLC
- Represented Guthy-Renker LLC in the 2016 sale of a majority interest of its worldwide ProActive business (the world’s leading nonprescription acne brand) to Nestlé Skin Health
- Represented Redwood Capital Investments LLC in its 2015 investment in Thompson’s Gas & Electric Service, Inc., a distributor of retail propane products
- Represented Bowles Fluidics in its 2014 sale to Morgenthaler Private Equity
- Represented Jacob Safra in his 2013 agreement to purchase T. Rowe Price Savings Bank from T. Rowe Price Associates
- Represented The Hartford Financial Group, Inc. in its 2012 sale of Federal Trust Bank to CenterState Banks, Inc.
- Represented Point Blank Solutions in the formation of a manufacturing joint venture with FMS Enterprises MIGUN Ltd. in 2008
- Represented Ore Pharmaceuticals in the 2007 sale of its Genomics business to Ocimum BioSolutions, Inc.
- Represented GeneLogic Inc. in the 2006 sale of its preclinical division to Bridge Pharmaceuticals
- Represented Marriott International Corporation in its $1.45 billion purchase of interests in 35 hotels from CTF Holdings, Inc., in 2005
- Assisted Marriott International Corporation with its investment in Diamond Rock Hospitality
- Represented Metastorm Inc. in various venture-backed financings.
- J.D. Vanderbilt University Law School
- B.A. Middlebury College
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, New York, Maryland
Rate : $$$$