Thomas J. Williams has served as a trusted counselor to companies, individuals, lawyers and his community for more than 30 years. An experienced litigator and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Tom has handled cases across a broad spectrum of practice areas, including those involving claims of libel, invasion of privacy and other First Amendment issues, copyright and trademark infringement, professional responsibility and professional liability claims, oil and gas disputes, employment disputes, and a wide variety of commercial, corporate and business issues.
Throughout Tom’s career, leaders in his community and profession have turned to him for advice, counsel, and service. Before the age of 30, Tom served as vice-chair of the City of Fort Worth Charter Review and Revision Commission.
In 2007 and again in 2010 the Supreme Court of Texas appointed Tom to the Board of Disciplinary Appeals, a statewide judicial body of twelve attorneys appointed by the Supreme Court to hear certain lawyer discipline cases, and Tom served two terms as chair of the Tarrant County Bar Foundation.
In 2006, the Tarrant County Bar Association honored Tom with its Professionalism Award, given each year to a Tarrant County lawyer who best “exemplifies, by conduct and character, professional traits that others in the bar should try to emulate.”
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1975, with honors
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1973
ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$