For more than 33 years, in the commercial litigation arena, Thomas M. Wood has served as a trusted advisor and strong advocate for clients who value his ability to understand their unique outlook and goals in any business dispute, and his results-oriented approach to finding the most pragmatic, cost-effective solutions for their problems.
Tom’s practice focuses primarily on representation of financial institutions in all types of disputes, including loan workouts and commercial foreclosures, as well as representation of businesses in complex business litigation matters, employment related disputes, and unfair competition claims.
Tom is regularly involved in pre-suit counseling and dispute resolution and, when necessary, formal mediation, arbitration, or trial. He has extensive experience in the drafting, reviewing, and enforcement of confidentiality, non-compete, and other restrictive covenant agreements, as well as employment agreements and separation agreements.
His practice includes all variety of real property litigation and disputes, lender liability claims, shareholder disputes, as well as employment discrimination. Tom has been a devoted supporter and member of the Board of Directors of The MacDonald Training Center for more than 20 years, serving as Chairman of the Board on several occasions.
- J.D., Ohio State University College of Law, 1985
- B.A., Ohio State University, 1982
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1994
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- Secured summary judgment in favor of a horse show promoter in a federal anti-trust action alleging restraint of trade and monopolization in violation of the Sherman Act and the Florida State Antitrust Act, and the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, with the District Court’s summary judgment affirmed by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a national photocopier/office machine distributor in lawsuits throughout the United Sates for claims of breach of contract, deceptive trade practices, and restrictive covenant violations.
- Represented former executives for national construction equipment rental company in resolution of federal court action asserting claims for unfair competition and violation of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully defended national bank at trial in connection with lender liability counterclaims arising out of multiple foreclosures.
- Represented numerous lending institutions in contested residential and commercial mortgage foreclosure actions, obtaining final judgments of foreclosure at trial and upon successful rulings on summary judgment motions.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Leadership Tampa Alumni (Class of 2001)
- Hillel Academy, Board of Directors, 2004-2009
- Congregation Schaarai Zedek, Board of Directors, 2006-2009
Rate : $$$