Thomas V. Wynsma focuses his practice on complex business litigation, primarily in the area of environmental and toxic tort law. He has successfully defended a wide variety of clients in civil litigation, including Fortune500 companies, individuals, general contractors, developers, restaurants, distributors and retail stores.
He also has handled matters involving product liability, premises liability, unfair competition, breach of contract, public entity defense and construction defects. Tom has successfully obtained relief for his clients through summary judgment, dismissals and defense verdicts at trial.
Before joining Shook, Tom was a senior associate at Wood Smith Henning & Berman LLP.
- Haas v. Beach and Talbert Shops, LLC (Cal. Super. Ct., Orange Cty.) | As lead trial counsel, obtained defense verdict on behalf of commercial property owner in premises liability action where the plaintiff alleged that a walkway on the property was not ADA compliant and caused her to fall.
- J.D., Chapman University School of Law, 2013
- Recipient, Academic Merit Scholarship
- Moot Court Honor Board
- National Moot Court Competition, 2010-2011
- B.S., magna cum laude, Northern Michigan University, 2010 (Political Science/Pre-Law and Economics; minor in Business Administration)
- Political Science/Pre-Law Outstanding Graduate
- Mortar Board National Honor Society
- President, Pre-Law Society
- Vice President, Economics Student Association
- Student Leader Fellowship Program
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Orange County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$