Thomas H. Yang represents public and private companies in complex mergers and acquisitions, including mergers for cash and stock, forward and reverse-triangular mergers, asset and stock sales, joint ventures and other strategic combinations. He has extensive experience representing private equity funds and their portfolio companies in their transactional activities.
Thomas also acts as counsel to issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of debt and equity, including initial and follow-on common stock offerings, shelf offerings, convertible securities, depositary shares, discount notes, Regulation S offerings and Rule 144A private placements. He acts as lead securities counsel to New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and NASDAQ-listed companies in various industries.Thomas is active in the Korean and Asian-American communities and is a former President of the Dallas Asian-American Bar Association.
- Extensive experience in private equity transactions.
- Representing clients in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and securities matters for more than two decades.
- Private Equity M&A:
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of an online marketplace for buying and selling oil and gas assets.
- Represented a private equity fund in its sale of a provider of risk insight, prediction and management solutions.
- Strategic M&A:
- Represented a large chain in the convenience retailing industry in its $3.3 billion acquisition of more than 1,100 gasoline and convenience store locations in 18 states.
- Acted for a provider of temporary traffic management solutions in its sale to a private equity company.
- Capital Markets:
- Guided an NYSE-listed oil and natural gas company in its $700 million initial public offering.
- Counseled an NYSE-listed manufacturer of transportation, construction and industrial products in a $450 million convertible debt offering.
- D Magazine, consistent recognition as top corporate lawyer in Dallas.
- Dallas Business Journal, Top M & A dealmaker.
- Texas Diversity Counsel, Top 50 Multicultural Lawyer, 2017.
- The Legal 500 US, M&A Middle-Market, 2017 to 2018.
- IFLR1000 US, M&A, Capital Markets: Debt, and Capital Markets: Equity, 2019.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1994
- B.A., Columbia University, 1991
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$