Thornell Williams began his legal career with Ogletree in 2005. His practice currently involves providing strategic advice and representation to management clients in traditional labor matters such as labor-management relations, collective bargaining, grievance administration and arbitration, and other matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
Thornell also provides counsel, advice, and representation to management in numerous areas of employment law, including employment policy development and administration, employee relations, employment discrimination and retaliation training, workplace investigations, wage garnishment, and occupational safety and health matters.
- J.D., with honors, University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, 2005
- B.A., cum laude, Morehouse College, 1992
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Thornell brings a strong business perspective to his practice. Before his legal career, Thornell spent nearly a decade in corporate management and worked with lawmakers in the Mississippi State Senate and Governor’s Office. The breadth of Thornell’s experience allows him to represent employers across a wide spectrum of industries, such as national manufacturing, retail, hospitality, bioscience, and non-profit clients.
- Serving as lead spokesperson in the negotiation of numerous collective bargaining agreements
- Serving as lead counsel in numerous labor arbitration cases involving just cause and contract interpretation
- Providing ongoing strategic advice to clients with union collective bargaining agreements, including advice on restructuring, downsizing, closures, and potential successor issues
- Handling numerous unfair labor practice investigations by various NLRB regional offices throughout the United States
- Successfully defeated breach of contract and tort claims in state courts, including securing frivolous appeal sanctions against plaintiff’s counsel
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- Georgia State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- National Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Georgia Association of Manufacturers
Rate : $$$$