Thurston R. Moore’s practice focuses on corporate and securities representation. Thurston is chairman emeritus of Hunton Andrews Kurth. He served as chairman of the firm’s Executive Committee from 2005 to 2012; prior to this, he was managing partner of the firm from 1991 to 2006.
Thurston’s practice focuses primarily on corporate and securities representation, with particular emphasis on corporate financing and governance, venture capital, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and partnership law.
Throughout his career, Thurston has been actively involved in organizations that serve the business, artistic, educational and charitable needs of the community. In addition to consistent recognition in the top legal directories, he has been honored as a Fellow of both the Virginia Law Foundation and the American Bar Foundation.
Thurston is currently a member of the American Bar Association, the Virginia Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar and the Richmond Bar Association.
- Represented a multinational, New York Stock Exchange-listed company in acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures throughout Europe, Asia and South America.
- Represented a telecommunications manufacturing and services company in offshore manufacturing, domestic and international distribution, and acquisition and disposition of manufacturing, distribution and engineering facilities.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1974
- BA, University of Virginia, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Kappa, Raven Society, Echols Scholar, 1968
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, NextUp RVA
- President and Trustee, Mary Morton Parsons Foundation
- Member, Past Chairman (2014-2016), Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
- Past Trustee and President (2010-2013), Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Past Chairman, Board of Governors, St. Christopher’s School
- Past Member, Board of Governors, St. Catherine’s School
- Past Trustee, Church Schools in the Diocese of Virginia
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Nicholas School for the Environment, Duke University
- Past Chair and Member, Board of Trustees of The Nature Conservancy of Virginia, 1992-2009
- Emeritus Trustee, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business Foundation
Rate : $$$$