Tia Cotteys practice emphasizes all aspects of real estate finance and real estate capital markets, including the representation of lenders, commercial mortgage loan servicers, special servicers, participants, and co-lenders in connection with loan modifications, assumptions, defeasances, and REMIC issues affecting securitized commercial mortgage loans, the representation of lenders and servicers in connection with loan workouts and foreclosures, and the representation of institutional lenders in connection with the origination and structuring of loans for sale in commercial mortgage-backed securitization transactions.
- Duke University, J.D., 1985
- Duke University, A.B., magna cum laude, 1982
- Arizona, 2011
- Georgia, 2003
- Texas, 1993
Professional Affiliations :
- State Bar of Georgia – Real Property Section
- Florida Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Texas Bar Association
Representative Experience :
- Representation of institutional lenders and mortgage loan servicers in connection with real estate loan workouts, restructurings, and foreclosures in excess of $500 Million.
- Representation of various commercial mortgage loan servicers in connection with over 500 defeasance transactions.
- Representation of commercial mortgage loan servicer in connection with collateral substitution for $450 Million loan secured by multiple shopping malls.
- Representation of commercial mortgage loan servicer-affiliate in connection with formation and operation of successor borrower program for defeasance transactions and subsequent sale of successor borrower entities.
- Representation of commercial mortgage loan servicer in connection with defeasance of $250 Million loan secured by 25 properties in multiple states.
Rate : $$$