Tiffany A. Miao focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including securities and corporate-governance litigation. She has experience at all stages, from counseling clients through pre-trial matters to advocating on their behalf at the appellate level.
As a former law clerk and associate at a boutique appellate firm, Tiffany’s litigation practice benefits from her extensive knowledge of federal and state court systems.
Prior to practicing law, Tiffany was a chef and restaurant manager in Los Angeles, California. She prides herself on her resourcefulness and ability to gauge clients’ needs, and provides them with clear analysis on a variety of complex litigation issues.
- Member of the BakerHostetler team representing Trustee Irving H. Picard for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Member of a team that represents foreign claimants in the then-largest civil forfeiture action brought by the United States Department of Justice’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative, involving alleged corruption and embezzlement by the former Nigerian president, his family and associates.
- Representing technology company in securities class action and derivative litigation based on short-seller report.
- Represented a large retail company in a liability matter and drafted a motion to dismiss that ultimately led to a successful settlement.
- Served as appellate counsel to trial counsel for a real estate developer in a damages-only bench trial, and drafted proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law that led to a significantly reduced damages awarded.
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Young Lawyers Committee: Co-Chair
- Women’s Committee: Co-Chair
- Federal Bar Council
- New York Area Chapter of the Haas Alumni Network, Secretary
Community : Fordham Law Minority Mentorship Program: Mentor
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2013; Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal: Managing Editor; Fordham Moot Court Board: Member; Fordham Center on Law and Information Policy: Fellow
- B.S., Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$$